Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What’s Next


Graduating College is, what one would consider being, an accomplishment. Upon graduating graduates are celebrated then questioned. “Congratulations, now what’s next?”

What is next? For some who I’ve known my whole high school and collegiate carrier the next step is marriage, for some it’s the birth of a child, for some its heart ache. And as I’m repeatedly asked the question I answer with-- Tech, what else! But the reality hits and I am consumed with the anxiety of the “real world.” I guess I expected to be handed a job along with my diploma on graduation day.

Teaching is my passion; however, as I sit and observe the teachers in schools I am astonished at the amount of teachers who are counting down the days till the last day of school. When did teaching become more about yelling at kids and less about loving them?

Too many times we get caught up in moments and forget there are eyes upon us everywhere. As a teacher, as a coach, as administration, we are to be mentors each and everywhere in the classroom, in the gym, and in the community. We are shaping the minds of the next generation into believe its okay to disrespect, parents, friends, siblings, and teachers and ITS NOT!! What will become of the system. What's next for our schools, community, country?  


What’s next for me? …..to be still and wait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment